Product Updates March 2020The Flow TeamLast Updated: April 2, 2020
March was an exciting month for us. We introduced Flow X to the world via closed beta, showcasing a bunch of new features that we’ve been hard at work on. The first iteration of this release included an all-new design, initial versions of Tasks and Chat, as well as brand-new experiences for creating, viewing, and editing tasks in Flow.
One of our most notable changes in Flow X is the reformatting of Catch Up. Now, it’s the Home tab that includes tasks assigned to you that are due today in the My Tasks section.
Catch Up is still here, it was renamed My Updates, and has an improved look. It performs essentially the same as before, and can now be found on the Home page below the My Tasks section.
We’ve also made a variety of little changes and updates in March that add more utility and improve the overall functionality.
Those include, but aren’t limited to, the following:
- You’ll automatically be scrolled to the bottom of the comment feed whenever you post a new comment.
- Added a gear icon to the popover menu in the global navigation, making it easier to change your notifications preferences.
- Renamed “Due Date” to “Deadline,” since they can now include a date and time.
- Added some more logic to the new task creation experience. Now if you open it and immediately close it without making any edits, you’ll no longer be asked to confirm that you want to discard the task.
- All of the UI in Chat now shrinks whenever you’re viewing a task.
- Changed the color of tasks that are due today to yellow. It’s now easier to spot them when they’re alongside overdue tasks; which are colored red.
- Can now attach files from Google Drive.
- Start dates are now working in task pane.
- Can now jump to subtasks from the parent task.
- Keyboard shortcuts are back up and running.
Keep your eyes peeled for even more updates and improvements over the next few months, as we get closer to our public Flow X launch! Have beta feedback you’d like to share with the team? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Rennick Palley: The Founder of Stratos Technologies on Investing in Venture Debt & EquityFebruary 18, 2021
Product Updates for January 2021February 16, 2021
Outliers Masterclass with Verlyn Klinkenborg: The Yale Professor of Creative Writing on Becoming a Better WriterFebruary 11, 2021
Andrew Dumont: Adventures in Business and InvestingFebruary 4, 2021
Laurence Gonzales: The Chemistry of FireJanuary 29, 2021
10 Ways to Manage Your Team’s WorkloadJanuary 28, 2021
Brandon Johnson: Managing $1.8 Billion in WealthJanuary 27, 2021
How to Choose the Best Workflow Management Software for Your TeamJanuary 26, 2021
7 Best Team Chat Apps to Improve Internal CommunicationJanuary 21, 2021
Types of Team Communication: Providing the Best Tools for Your Remote TeamJanuary 19, 2021
What’s Flow?Try it for free
Capture to-dos, notes, files, and dates in seconds. Never forget a detail again.
Organize tasks into projects to visualize your work as a board, list, or timeline.
Calendars & Timelines
See your tasks, teammates tasks, and project timelines on a calendar.
Comments, file sharing, channels, and direct messaging come built into Flow.
Powerful & Flexible
Assign tasks a priority or due time, add sub-tasks, tags, and so much more.
Tired of dull and dreary productivity apps? Flow is simple, beautiful, and delightful.
Start working smarter.
See why over 300,000 teams in more than 140 countries around the world use Flow. Try it free for 30 days. No credit card required.Get Started – It’s Free to Try